Rock Hill Baptist Church was constituted in the year 1884. The original house of worship was built with logs and located at the site of the cemetery across the road from the present location.
In 1924 a new building was constructed on the present site. The land was donated by William J. McPeake. Dedication of the new facility was the second Sunday in May 1924.
A basement was added during the years 1939-1941. Soon after electricity and a heating system were installed.
In 1987 an addition was added to the existing building. The new space consisted of a kitchen; two class rooms; two rest rooms; a fellowship hall and a large classroom downstairs.
On September 10, 2006 the ground breaking service was held for The Christian Life Center. The dedication of the new multi-purpose facility was October 14, 2007. The Christian Life Center consists of several classrooms, a kitchen, and a multi-purpose area which serves as a fellowship hall, and a gym. For a twenty-plus-month period the Christian Life Center served as a worship center while the new sanctuary was being built.
In January 2010 the frame church building and adjacent rooms were struck by lightning and completely destroyed by fire. A few days later the debris was removed by the Beech River Baptist Association Disaster Relief Team.
In August 2010 Richard Barr and Company, Knoxville, Tennessee, was contracted to draft plans for the new building. The building committee presented the plans to the church for approval. Shortly thereafter ground breaking services were held and construction began.
Sunday, September 18, 2011 was the first worship service in the new worship center. The long awaited day had come! During the evening service seven precious souls were baptized in the new baptistry.
605 Rock Hill Road
Lexington, TN 38351
Contact Pastor Richard Bray